Saturday, July 16, 2011

Grocery Shopping

A couple of tips and tricks about the art of grocery shopping:

1. Park in a spot near the cart return so you don't have to walk as far.

2. Always get a cart, or else go with people who promise to carry your groceries if you buy too much.

3. Check the sales before you start, and check your receipt after you stop.

4. Shop around the outside ring, it's always cheaper that way.

Ok, that's all I got, maybe Adam will have some more pointers.

The whole truth is that the true point of this post is so that I could rant.
We went grocery shopping today and I realized a few things. The difficulty with grocery shopping these days is that you go to buy one simple thing, for example toilet paper, and you have to look through almost an entire aisle of toilet paper. There's 2 ply and 3 ply, Charmin and industrial, 16 roll packs and 32 roll packs, it's impossible. A simple need is reduced to a complicated comparison of prices and value. It's like this with everything, even eggs or milk has at least 2 or 3 brands. Plus, it's all so expensive...do you realize that eggs used to cost less than 3 cents a piece. Inflation. It sucks. I mean, not like I was actually alive to observe this but it's still super duper annoying to me. RANT RANT RANT.
I'm done now.

1 comment: