Monday, November 21, 2011

Kirt Enters the Golden Years!


(Kirt, Welcome to the Golden Years!)

It is estimated that the average worker spends 33% of his life working.  After 6 months of the daily grind, our friend Kirt had had enough, so he made like Jimmy with the One-ders and quit.


Let's be clear: jobs are generally a good thing. They let you put food over your table, provide evidence that when it comes to society you're "contributing," and  if you're lucky, they have a cool beeping sound when you clock-in! (I might be a little too grateful for the Thanksgiving season right now...)

However, in Kirt's circumstances, a job meant weekend homework, late night weekday homework, and all around exhaustiveness and soul-suckery. Hence, the quitting of Kirt's job.

In celebration of this momentous event, we held a Surprise "Retirment" party for him.  Since A) Retiring is really just a quitting with a more positive spin B) Why wait til our 60s to party Retirement style?

So, we all waited for when Kirt FINALLY got off work, and, dressed in our business best (c'mon? it's a retirement party!) and the ladies dawning business ties, we "surprised" kirt when he came home with cake, ice cream, and of course....OREOS!

Below are pics from the party courtesy of Stephanie Roades!  Thanks to all the MAP followers (and non-MAP followers I guess) who came and sent Kirt out in style!


Oh, and before you ask....there was no cool quitting story......we already checked... (click link below due to youtube unavailability)///





3 comments:

  1. I apologize profusely for missing this key milestone. I may be the worst friend to ever walk the earth. I promise to make it up to all of you soon for being so lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the article, but I do have a problem with the pictures. I believe that I was the one person to attend the party and not have a picture of me make it into this blog post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fairness Tim, I wasn't in the pictures either.....but I just added one and so that's been rectified! However, I'm sad to report that neither attendee Amanda nor attendee Abby made it in the picture. Sorry ladies!

    ReplyDelete