Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankfulness

I finally started thinking about what I am truly grateful for today as I was walking through a couple different airports. I thought a little bit about it during Thanksgiving but more in an obligatory way than in a true gratitude way.

And so there's the obvious:

1. Adam, obviously I am secretly in love with him, which is why I am hopelessly devoted to this joint blog and why I always pick up on the first ring whenever he calls, and never EVER ignore them because I know that picking up will make me feel guilty for being a ditcher. And it's also the reason I consistently stalk him in the Tanner building.

2. This blog, and all of its followers.

3. GENTRY. GENTRY. GENTRY. In a purely platonic gratitude way that can only be felt for someone so unique (if you didn't get it, that was my non-subtle way of dropping Gentry's name to boost the ratings)..he is awesome, and always right.

4. Food. All those participating in this amazingly glutinous and purely American holiday that we call  Thanksgiving can appreciate this one for sure.

5. Family. My crazy, hyper super awesome family are the best people ever. We had some good memories this week: watching Baby Mama(3x), getting a puppy, putting up the Christmas tree, baking, cuddling, shopping, and always: laughing.

5. Men. The big black guy carrying a teddy bear through the airport that made me feel validated about having a teddy bear in college. Random hot man in the airport who looked like a lumberjack. The sampler dude at Costco who complimented my new hoody.
But most of all, all the great men who have been examples to me over the course of my life: my father, my brothers, and yes, the Dojo.

6. The Gospel. The title of our blog is Mormon and Proud but we don't often reference what it means to be a Mormon. Having the light and truth of the Church in my life has blessed me in so many countless ways, and truly I know that I would be lost without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment