Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Proper Birthday Shout-Out for Such a Proper Girl: AMANDA!!!!

"Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours" - Swedish Proverb


"......but if you're not sure how to do that best, just hang out with Amanda!"- My proverb


Ninja Tag.  The past-time of our summer.  On a typical blissful summer night, it would bring much laughter, bonding, and all-around sheer athletic ninja-ness  for the low, low  price of couple bruises and a little humiliation.  On one such night it brought the Dojo so much more: a friendship with our dear friend Amanda!

How valuable is Amanda to the Dojo? Consider this:


  • We went to the ends of the Earth just to be in the same ward as her this year.  Literally.  We are living in the ghetto known as Miller with Amanda's smiling presence as the PRO to Miller's CON of infrequent running hot water.  The good news is, that the PRO definitely outweighs multiple of the CONS here :) (... even if I think my brother in Chile is about to start asking if there's anything HE  can send me for Christmas to help out.)
(A past example that I found online of the "cultural" experience that is Miller)


  • Amanda is undeniably the best wand finder ever. If that Garrick Ollivander guy ever closes up shop, Amanda is my odds-on favorite for replacing him.  When looking for wands for the end of our childhood the Harry Potter 7 pt II showing, we did not stop until we found the wands that made us feel like the inner wizards and witches that we are. 

    (Face it: Without my wand, I'm just a nerdy Party-Rocker)
    • Amanda is one of the most loyal people you will ever meet.  When we had our road trip to California, Amanda claimed she "couldn't make it." But, lo and behold, look who made an appearance with us at the beach in Cali:



    • Cinnamon-roll baking skizzilz. While I was unaware of this delicious talent of hers until recently, it was a scrumptious surprise.  They warmed my tummy and fed my soul. Mmmmmm.....
    (Even though I found this online, I'm convinced the photographer somehow found his way into Amanda's apt to take this picture)

    • Here's a challenge: try and think of something unlikeable about Amanda?  I'll give you a minute.................okay now I'll give you a couple more..........Still can't think of something?  I'll save you the time: you can't!  Trying to find something not to love about Amanda is harder than finding GENTRY! at a Black Eyes Peas concert (subtle Gentry reference to fill my quota: check!)  She is pure goodness personified and we are lucky to know her!

    Happy Birthday Amanda from MAP!!!!

    1 comment:

    1. aw, thanks so much guys! the dojo is absolutely the best. thanks for making my day just that much better. :)

      ReplyDelete